in Biomass Power Production Biodiesel Algae Fuels Biomass to Liquid Oil and Cleantech Agri Waste Management Plastic Management Anaerobic Digestion of Waste Rainwater Harvesting Organic Textiles Trains and Cleantech Regulations, Policies and Incentives Biotechnology
Diegobrito has commented on Algae Carbon Capture at the University of Kentucky 4 years ago
why in nutrient deficient environment algae produces more lipid?
in Algae Fuels
Teenager wins awards at the Intel Science Fair for her project on Algae based Bio-fuel.
in Algae Fuels
I have sent my lipid and biodiesel sample from algae for Carbon Chain Distribution test for GC analysis. But they couldn't not detect any readings. They are saying that my sample is soluble in water. Can anyone help me to overcome this problem?
As part of a project on phosphorus for my high school AP Biology class I wanted to see if you could train bacteria to eat charged phosphate groups. By adding phosphorus(donated to me from the science department) to a composter. The bacteria did indeed eat the phosphorus.
This project however was research for my separate algae project. The goal of this research was to see if bacteria could assimilate phosphate groups from phospholipids in the cell wall membrane. I have a picture of my results as what appears to be the remainder of this assimilation process, oil. I have taken samples out and performed similar chemical processi on the oil to that of waste frying oil. The product had all the characteristics, boiling, and flash points of biodiesel.
This medium presents a new foundation for bio-lipid production and a substantial price reduction to a biofuel system. I am trying to raise funds to make a 10Kg "fermentor" vessel.
To come see more photos check out my page!
Latest Updates from Biofuels & Biomass Power
Latest CleanTech Video View All
UK Center for Applied Energy Research algae press conference
Recent Questions @ CleanTick
- How Cut Be Described the Formula of the Retrodynamic Effect?
- How I Can get the Retrodynamic Formula Effect?
- Algae Biodiesel Production
- Young Guns from IIT Bombay Work on Maximising Returns from Chillers
- PowerWall - what are your thoughts?
- I need this any one pl
- biomass productivity
- protein content in algae
- Mahindra & Mahindra announces hydrogen fuel cell research centre in India
- Microsoft to combine data centres and renewable power generation
- Malaria vaccine from the teats of genetically altered goats
- EVs: How green are they?
- Biodiesel extracted from sea algae set to propel vehicles in India
- Researchers see new uses for humble algae
- Avinor and Aena study role of biofuels in aviation
- Airlines raring to adopt biofuels in pursuit of carbon-neutral growth
- A promising source for biofuel: Methyl ketones
- 16-year old works with US Air Force on algae biofuel
Recent Videos View All
- UK Center For Applied Energy Research Algae Press Conference The Video Features A Press Conference To Announce A Partnership...
- Algae Carbon Capture At The University Of Kentucky University Of Kentucky Researchers Are Looking At The Potential Of...
- Low Cost Photo Biorector System For Cultivation Of Micro Algae Srinivas Gogineni's Technology Is A Photo Bioreactor For The Cultivation...
- India's First Micro Algae Biodiesel Vehicle India Witnessed The Test-drive Of The Country’s First Vehicle Running...
- Volkswagen Partners With Amyris And Solazyme Volkswagen Will Work With Solazyme And Amyris To Evaluate Emissions...
- Airborne Wind Turbine Makani Power Is Developing An Airborne Wind Turbine (AWT) To...
- Research At Montana State University For Algal Biofuel Biofuels Are A Broad Assortment Of Fuels That In One...
- NMSU Working To Develop Aviation Fuel Made From Algae New Mexico State University's First "Research Rally" Was Celebrated Dec....
- Algae Fuel Could Become Inexpensive Alternative Spain Based BFS- Biofuel Systems, Pumps CO2 Into Tubes Filled...
- The Life Of Algae This Short Video Takes A Look At The Cultivation Of...