in Biomass Power Production Biodiesel Algae Fuels Biomass to Liquid Oil and Cleantech Agri Waste Management Plastic Management Anaerobic Digestion of Waste Rainwater Harvesting Organic Textiles Trains and Cleantech Regulations, Policies and Incentives Biotechnology
Water hyacinth contains more hydrocarbons than that found in cow dung and food waste. The prospects of using these plants, which offer breeding grounds for mosquitoes in water bodies will help in supplying methane for household use.
Does anyone know any other "cleantech" sites that pick up news on the innovation front, news on science behind algae or other sources with information i can take a look on? Feels like cleantech is a bit dead for a 18 year old dude like myself =)
in Biodiesel Algae Fuels Jatropha Biodiesel Biomass to Liquid Oil and Cleantech Global Warming and Climate Change Sewage Waste Management Agri Waste Management Recycling Gardening Sustainable Homes and Communities Biopolymers and Bioplastics Cleantech Education in Colleges
Power politics in Japan: A silent majority speaks | The Economist - http://www.economist.com/node/21554239?fsrc=scn/tw/te/ar/asilentmajorityspeaks
The Japanese government is launching a large-scale cleanup of the fields, forests, and villages contaminated by the Fukushima nuclear disaster. But some experts caution that an overly aggressive remediation program could create a host of other environmental problems.
Read More: http://e360.yale.edu/feature/as_fukushima_cleanup_begins_long-term_impacts_are_weighed/2482/
As a Fortune 500 company's fracking activities in rural West Virginia leave a polluted and drastically altered landscape, locals are fighting back.
"To bring natural gas from the Marcellus Shale to the earth’s surface, an army of trucks and machinery is needed. First, seismic testing locates the sought-after gas deposits. The pad site is then prepared—trees are cleared, the ground is leveled and a cement slab poured—to hold the derrick, trucks and other equipment. Then the well is drilled thousands of feet down. (The Shale runs about a mile below the earth’s surface.) Next, steel piping is run to the end of the well and reinforced on the outside with freshly poured concrete. Finally, the well is fracked—pumped at high pressure with water, sand, and chemicals—to fracture the underground rock and release the gas."
Read more: http://www.guernicamag.com/features/3320/kramer_12_15_11/
Carbon Sciences Inc., has developed a technology that uses natural gas to make liquid transportation fuels, enabling the world to reduce dependence on petroleum. Now, Carbon Sciences has announced that its technology could be used to make CarbonCrude, an ultra-clean and environmentally friendly version of synthetic crude oil.
According to Byron Elton, CEO, Carbon Sciences, CarbonCrude can be blended with natural crude oil and can be transported using existing oil pipelines. This blend can be refined in existing refineries and can be converted into a variety of products including transportation fuels.
CarbonCrude is manufactured using a two-step process.…
The case of the missing gas mileage - http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-01-case-gas-mileage.html
Latest Updates from Conventional Fossil Fuels
Latest CleanTech Video View All
UK Center for Applied Energy Research algae press conference
Recent Questions @ CleanTick
- How I Can get the Retrodynamic Formula Effect?
- Algae Biodiesel Production
- Young Guns from IIT Bombay Work on Maximising Returns from Chillers
- PowerWall - what are your thoughts?
- I need this any one pl
- biomass productivity
- protein content in algae
- Anacardic Acid
- Mahindra & Mahindra announces hydrogen fuel cell research centre in India
- Microsoft to combine data centres and renewable power generation
- Malaria vaccine from the teats of genetically altered goats
- EVs: How green are they?
- Biodiesel extracted from sea algae set to propel vehicles in India
- Researchers see new uses for humble algae
- Avinor and Aena study role of biofuels in aviation
- Airlines raring to adopt biofuels in pursuit of carbon-neutral growth
- A promising source for biofuel: Methyl ketones
- 16-year old works with US Air Force on algae biofuel
Recent Videos View All
- UK Center For Applied Energy Research Algae Press Conference The Video Features A Press Conference To Announce A Partnership...
- Algae Carbon Capture At The University Of Kentucky University Of Kentucky Researchers Are Looking At The Potential Of...
- Low Cost Photo Biorector System For Cultivation Of Micro Algae Srinivas Gogineni's Technology Is A Photo Bioreactor For The Cultivation...
- India's First Micro Algae Biodiesel Vehicle India Witnessed The Test-drive Of The Country’s First Vehicle Running...
- Volkswagen Partners With Amyris And Solazyme Volkswagen Will Work With Solazyme And Amyris To Evaluate Emissions...
- Airborne Wind Turbine Makani Power Is Developing An Airborne Wind Turbine (AWT) To...
- Research At Montana State University For Algal Biofuel Biofuels Are A Broad Assortment Of Fuels That In One...
- NMSU Working To Develop Aviation Fuel Made From Algae New Mexico State University's First "Research Rally" Was Celebrated Dec....
- Algae Fuel Could Become Inexpensive Alternative Spain Based BFS- Biofuel Systems, Pumps CO2 Into Tubes Filled...
- The Life Of Algae This Short Video Takes A Look At The Cultivation Of...