in Biomass Power Production Biodiesel Algae Fuels Biomass to Liquid Oil and Cleantech Agri Waste Management Plastic Management Anaerobic Digestion of Waste Rainwater Harvesting Organic Textiles Trains and Cleantech Regulations, Policies and Incentives Biotechnology
I want to ask if someone could give me some basic informations about the production of plastic from biomass in general? Books , websites... everything!
LED bulbs are expensive but will save money in the long run. - http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/04/an-ode-to-the-led-bulb/
I have done much research online into determining the ideal spectrum for growing algae. My goal is to custom-tune an LED fixture for maximum algae growth and maximum filtration capacity. So far, I have not been able to verify whether Algae best utilizes the Chlorophyll A or B spectrums, or a combination of both.
I build algae scrubber for freshwater and marine aquariums. The algae is grown on a vertical substrate with the system water constantly cascading over it, and illuminated on both sides. So far, the vast majority of people grow the algae with low-kelvin (2700-3500K) CFL or T5HO with great success. LED builds have been all over the board, but some evidence suggest that algae (at least, marine algae) responds best to 660nm "deep red". Thus the limited data would seem to indicate that marine algae (green hair algae, in specific) absorbs mainly the Chlorophyll "A" specturn.
Adversely, the horticulture industry reports that plants respond much better to the equivalent wattage (input) of 630nm. Growth of plants under 630s far exceeds growth under 660s. The theoretical explanation is that 630nm LEDs output 3x the power of 660nm LEDs, and that the difference is mainly the result of intensity trumping spectrum.
The "A" finding is also compounded by the apparent total lack of algae growth under warm white LEDs supplemented with 455/460nm LEDs ("B" peak in Blue). The lack of correct red component may be partially to blame, so this is only anecdotal.
I am currently preparing to run an experiment with 2 separate fixtures, one tuned to the "A" spectrum, and another tuned to the "B" spectrum. The experiment will be performed on 2 separate uninhabited saltwater system with fertilizer mixed in the water, essentially creating waste water or runoff water.
I would greatly appreciate any insight from anyone who has attempted to grow algae using artificial LED light. I posted a similar request on Oilgae and got zippo for response.
With the industry’s support and despite political opposition, new U.S. lighting efficiency standards went into effect. This move, along with similar actions in Europe and China, is helping spur new technologies that will change the way the world's homes and businesses are illuminated.
Read More: http://e360.yale.edu/feature/building_a_better_bulb_lighting_revolution_advances/2487/
Kyzyl wants to discuss Study: LED lightbulbs make people feel safer | SmartPlanet 5 years ago
A multi-year study in UK social housing developments found that LED lightbulbs made residents feel safer and more content. Energy and maintenance savi - http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/intelligent-energy/study-led-lightbulbs-make-people-feel-safer/11457?tag=nl.e660
A sustainable bio-degradable alternative to plastic packaging has been developed by Gurgaon-based Roidec India Chemicals Pvt Ltd, the company said Tuesday. - http://green.in.msn.com/cleantechnologies/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5567147
Besides secreting oil, microalgae also produce compounds to protect themselves against environmental injuries like too much sunlight or lack of moisture. As it happens, human skin deals with those same insults every day, and we're always looking for products that can help us in that fight—which is one reason why the global cosmetics industry is worth more than $40 billion.
Company using grape waste to make oils, lotions - http://www.wasterecyclingnews.com/rss2.html?id=1318001673
These are exciting developments...not only do they find a useful avenue for using waste, they also make a renewable, sustainable and more healthy chemical from that...
Are there other prominent fruit wastes from which renewable chemicals, cosmetics etc could be made?
Latest Updates from Ecofriendly Products
Latest CleanTech Video View All
UK Center for Applied Energy Research algae press conference
Recent Questions @ CleanTick
- How I Can get the Retrodynamic Formula Effect?
- Algae Biodiesel Production
- Young Guns from IIT Bombay Work on Maximising Returns from Chillers
- PowerWall - what are your thoughts?
- I need this any one pl
- biomass productivity
- protein content in algae
- Anacardic Acid
- Mahindra & Mahindra announces hydrogen fuel cell research centre in India
- Microsoft to combine data centres and renewable power generation
- Malaria vaccine from the teats of genetically altered goats
- EVs: How green are they?
- Biodiesel extracted from sea algae set to propel vehicles in India
- Researchers see new uses for humble algae
- Avinor and Aena study role of biofuels in aviation
- Airlines raring to adopt biofuels in pursuit of carbon-neutral growth
- A promising source for biofuel: Methyl ketones
- 16-year old works with US Air Force on algae biofuel
Recent Videos View All
- UK Center For Applied Energy Research Algae Press Conference The Video Features A Press Conference To Announce A Partnership...
- Algae Carbon Capture At The University Of Kentucky University Of Kentucky Researchers Are Looking At The Potential Of...
- Low Cost Photo Biorector System For Cultivation Of Micro Algae Srinivas Gogineni's Technology Is A Photo Bioreactor For The Cultivation...
- India's First Micro Algae Biodiesel Vehicle India Witnessed The Test-drive Of The Country’s First Vehicle Running...
- Volkswagen Partners With Amyris And Solazyme Volkswagen Will Work With Solazyme And Amyris To Evaluate Emissions...
- Airborne Wind Turbine Makani Power Is Developing An Airborne Wind Turbine (AWT) To...
- Research At Montana State University For Algal Biofuel Biofuels Are A Broad Assortment Of Fuels That In One...
- NMSU Working To Develop Aviation Fuel Made From Algae New Mexico State University's First "Research Rally" Was Celebrated Dec....
- Algae Fuel Could Become Inexpensive Alternative Spain Based BFS- Biofuel Systems, Pumps CO2 Into Tubes Filled...
- The Life Of Algae This Short Video Takes A Look At The Cultivation Of...