All right, you could say I take a high moral ground while asking this question, but there it is.
I am a strict vegetarian by choice, and my preference is guided primarily by ethics ("killing animals when they don't harm us is wrong"). But I am here not to discuss the ethics of vegetarianism (which I will be glad to discuss on My Desk), but the sustainability of being vegetarian.
Apart from the obvious greenhouse gases increase owing to the large number of cattle population because of non-vegetarianism, there could be other aspects that hinder a progress to sustainable world.
So, being vegetarian is not only ethical but also makes the world more sustainable. So, why isn't the world not turning vegetarian? Is it because they cannot control their taste buds? That sounds like such a crime!
What are your thoughts?
Does anyone know any other "cleantech" sites that pick up news on the innovation front, news on science behind algae or other sources with information i can take a look on? Feels like cleantech is a bit dead for a 18 year old dude like myself =)
in Biodiesel Algae Fuels Jatropha Biodiesel Biomass to Liquid Oil and Cleantech Global Warming and Climate Change Sewage Waste Management Agri Waste Management Recycling Gardening Sustainable Homes and Communities Biopolymers and Bioplastics Cleantech Education in Colleges
This video features the low-cost cultivation of spirulina brings one answer to child malnutrition. This farm located in Madurai, State of Tamil Nadu is operated by 15 women operating 60 tanks that can produce 4 Kg of dry Spirulina/day.
This farm is owned by an NGO- Antenna technologies headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. More details about this organisation can be found here - http://www.antenna.ch/en/
Waste warriors is a group of professional Environmentalists engaged in creating a clean and green environment with social awareness.
We are a group of professionals engaged in the business of Developing and promoting Products in Bio plastics and MSWM Systems , Alternative Energy Products and Systems, Energy efficiency,At source composting of organic kitchen waste and Recycling of all recyclable waste materials from homes,offices and industries including e-waste recycling and hazardous medical waste management.
We would like to have your support in developing CDM Projects and work on developing actual data on emissions management with respect to the benefits of a Decentralized…Company : GREEN TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
in Solar PV Thin Film Solar Cells Sewage Waste Management Agri Waste Management eWaste Management Plastic Management Water Purification Water Conservation and Reuse Ecotourism Cleantech Government Policies and Regulations Clean Development Mechanism Biopolymers and Bioplastics
I've got some spare time during the days and im wondering if someone could give me a tip about what i can do at home to be "green". Talking about energy, cultivations and maybe bulding some sort of self sufficientness in my home. Im open for suggestions!!! and im ready to build! =D
Checking out at the supermarket recently, the young cashier suggested I should bring my own bags because plastic bags weren’t good for the environment. I apologized and explained, “We didn’t have this green thing back in my earlier days“.
The clerk responded, “That’s our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations“.
She was right about one thing–our generation didn’t have the green thing in “Our” day. So what did we have back then? After some reflection and soul-searching on “Our” day, here’s what I remembered we did have….
« Gaasedal's Weblog - http://gaasedal.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/anyone-over-the-age-of-35-should-read-this-as-i-copied-this-from-a-friends-status/
Latest Updates from Ecology And Lifestyle
Latest CleanTech Video View All
UK Center for Applied Energy Research algae press conference
Recent Questions @ CleanTick
- How I Can get the Retrodynamic Formula Effect?
- Algae Biodiesel Production
- Young Guns from IIT Bombay Work on Maximising Returns from Chillers
- PowerWall - what are your thoughts?
- I need this any one pl
- biomass productivity
- protein content in algae
- Anacardic Acid
- Mahindra & Mahindra announces hydrogen fuel cell research centre in India
- Microsoft to combine data centres and renewable power generation
- Malaria vaccine from the teats of genetically altered goats
- EVs: How green are they?
- Biodiesel extracted from sea algae set to propel vehicles in India
- Researchers see new uses for humble algae
- Avinor and Aena study role of biofuels in aviation
- Airlines raring to adopt biofuels in pursuit of carbon-neutral growth
- A promising source for biofuel: Methyl ketones
- 16-year old works with US Air Force on algae biofuel
Recent Videos View All
- UK Center For Applied Energy Research Algae Press Conference The Video Features A Press Conference To Announce A Partnership...
- Algae Carbon Capture At The University Of Kentucky University Of Kentucky Researchers Are Looking At The Potential Of...
- Low Cost Photo Biorector System For Cultivation Of Micro Algae Srinivas Gogineni's Technology Is A Photo Bioreactor For The Cultivation...
- India's First Micro Algae Biodiesel Vehicle India Witnessed The Test-drive Of The Country’s First Vehicle Running...
- Volkswagen Partners With Amyris And Solazyme Volkswagen Will Work With Solazyme And Amyris To Evaluate Emissions...
- Airborne Wind Turbine Makani Power Is Developing An Airborne Wind Turbine (AWT) To...
- Research At Montana State University For Algal Biofuel Biofuels Are A Broad Assortment Of Fuels That In One...
- NMSU Working To Develop Aviation Fuel Made From Algae New Mexico State University's First "Research Rally" Was Celebrated Dec....
- Algae Fuel Could Become Inexpensive Alternative Spain Based BFS- Biofuel Systems, Pumps CO2 Into Tubes Filled...
- The Life Of Algae This Short Video Takes A Look At The Cultivation Of...