Does anyone know any other "cleantech" sites that pick up news on the innovation front, news on science behind algae or other sources with information i can take a look on? Feels like cleantech is a bit dead for a 18 year old dude like myself =)
in Biodiesel Algae Fuels Jatropha Biodiesel Biomass to Liquid Oil and Cleantech Global Warming and Climate Change Sewage Waste Management Agri Waste Management Recycling Gardening Sustainable Homes and Communities Biopolymers and Bioplastics Cleantech Education in Colleges
Through extensive testing I've performed over the last 2 months, I've concluded that the method of Low Energy Voltaic Impulse(LEVI) destroys specific protein channels along the cell wall membrane, allowing for lipid bodies (and some cytoplasmic fluids) to be secreted by the cell. By pumping this device with 120 gallons of water I was able to produce 4.35 Liters of lipid bodies which converted to 4.1 Liters of diesel fuel via transesterification. To run down 2 D cell batteries, I needed to perform this test 82 times producing just over 90 gallons of diesel fuel, and the lowest cost fuel conversion price of $0.03
Deals for 'new generation' renewable technologies – wind, solar, biomass - are entering the big time driving the market to new record highs, reports PwC in its annual global analysis of merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions in the renewable sector.
Some of the main points include:
• Total renewables deal value leaps 40% worldwide, driven by industry shake-out
• Reappraisal of nuclear post Fukushima gives extra boost to renewables' generation and prospects
Read More: http://press.pwc.com/GLOBAL/News-releases/renewables-ma-hits-new-record-highs/s/ce2bd04f-23cb-493e-b5c9-7813bb13423e
With the growing importance of alternative energy sources to reduce carbon footprints, and to promote sustainability, there has been a growing emphasis on the use of renewable sources of energy like Solar and Wind among others. A good way to instil a familiarity with these technologies among people is to start young, at an age where the curiosity to try things out become the best means to learning the principles behind the technology.
With that in mind, an education company by the name of Fourier systems based out of Israel has come up with very innovative Science Kits to work…
I'm creating an environmental education program at an intercity school called DIVINE Institute in St Paul, Minnesota to reach at risk students. The program will feature a $12,000 green roof equipped with solar panels, algae photo-bioreactors, and solar heating for the building. So far, I have raised $8,000 in grant funding!
I'm looking for people interested in donating to this non-profit effort or people interested in contributing information you would like included into the curriculum, so I would love to here from you all!
Are you a water treatment / Hydrogen expert?
a new start up company (a spin off) with strong and solid backup is looking for experts to establish new and independent laboratories world wide. labs. to be directed by R&D manager from Europe (Germany) and are expected to work under a very solid plan. if you are an expert owning a Lab. or want to establish one of your own, please contact me at [email protected]. terms and plans will be discussed separately. the company has started some activities but will not go public until April 1st.
energyNow, in this video segment, checks out how video games are being used to teach people about energy technologies and environmental concerns.
While gaming can help individuals learn about energy use, researchers say the larger world of networked gaming enables players to work together on real-world energy solutions. “What games allow us to do is try things, to rehearse things,” said Celia Pearce, a video game designer and Georgia Tech professor.Read More: http://www.earthtechling.com/2011/12/can-video-games-solve-energy-and-environmental-concerns/
Visiting some village schools in rural India, artist Shilpa Joglekar was struck by what she described as the "starkness in their environment" -- bare dirt lots with nowhere for kids to play. Utilizing scrap from junkyards that was plentiful in the area, she enlisted local students and teachers to build their own recycled-material play structures.
Read More: http://www.treehugger.com/urban-design/recycled-play-structures-bring-joy-rural-schools.html
Latest Updates from Education And Career
Latest CleanTech Video View All
UK Center for Applied Energy Research algae press conference
Recent Questions @ CleanTick
- How I Can get the Retrodynamic Formula Effect?
- Algae Biodiesel Production
- Young Guns from IIT Bombay Work on Maximising Returns from Chillers
- PowerWall - what are your thoughts?
- I need this any one pl
- biomass productivity
- protein content in algae
- Anacardic Acid
- Mahindra & Mahindra announces hydrogen fuel cell research centre in India
- Microsoft to combine data centres and renewable power generation
- Malaria vaccine from the teats of genetically altered goats
- EVs: How green are they?
- Biodiesel extracted from sea algae set to propel vehicles in India
- Researchers see new uses for humble algae
- Avinor and Aena study role of biofuels in aviation
- Airlines raring to adopt biofuels in pursuit of carbon-neutral growth
- A promising source for biofuel: Methyl ketones
- 16-year old works with US Air Force on algae biofuel
Recent Videos View All
- UK Center For Applied Energy Research Algae Press Conference The Video Features A Press Conference To Announce A Partnership...
- Algae Carbon Capture At The University Of Kentucky University Of Kentucky Researchers Are Looking At The Potential Of...
- Low Cost Photo Biorector System For Cultivation Of Micro Algae Srinivas Gogineni's Technology Is A Photo Bioreactor For The Cultivation...
- India's First Micro Algae Biodiesel Vehicle India Witnessed The Test-drive Of The Country’s First Vehicle Running...
- Volkswagen Partners With Amyris And Solazyme Volkswagen Will Work With Solazyme And Amyris To Evaluate Emissions...
- Airborne Wind Turbine Makani Power Is Developing An Airborne Wind Turbine (AWT) To...
- Research At Montana State University For Algal Biofuel Biofuels Are A Broad Assortment Of Fuels That In One...
- NMSU Working To Develop Aviation Fuel Made From Algae New Mexico State University's First "Research Rally" Was Celebrated Dec....
- Algae Fuel Could Become Inexpensive Alternative Spain Based BFS- Biofuel Systems, Pumps CO2 Into Tubes Filled...
- The Life Of Algae This Short Video Takes A Look At The Cultivation Of...