Algae Bioplastics for use in tableware and cookware (food packaging).
Does anyone know any other "cleantech" sites that pick up news on the innovation front, news on science behind algae or other sources with information i can take a look on? Feels like cleantech is a bit dead for a 18 year old dude like myself =)
in Biodiesel Algae Fuels Jatropha Biodiesel Biomass to Liquid Oil and Cleantech Global Warming and Climate Change Sewage Waste Management Agri Waste Management Recycling Gardening Sustainable Homes and Communities Biopolymers and Bioplastics Cleantech Education in Colleges
I am proposing a new solution to the algae biofuel industry. Using electrical stimulation, I have created biodiesel from algae for $0.96/gallon. Come view this presentation of my project
in Biomass Power Production Biobutanol Biodiesel Algae Fuels Biomass to Liquid Batteries Biodiversity Agri Waste Management Anaerobic Digestion of Waste Bioremediation Batteries for Electric Vehicles Biopolymers and Bioplastics Biotechnology Biomimicry
Waste warriors is a group of professional Environmentalists engaged in creating a clean and green environment with social awareness.
We are a group of professionals engaged in the business of Developing and promoting Products in Bio plastics and MSWM Systems , Alternative Energy Products and Systems, Energy efficiency,At source composting of organic kitchen waste and Recycling of all recyclable waste materials from homes,offices and industries including e-waste recycling and hazardous medical waste management.
We would like to have your support in developing CDM Projects and work on developing actual data on emissions management with respect to the benefits of a Decentralized…Company : GREEN TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
in Solar PV Thin Film Solar Cells Sewage Waste Management Agri Waste Management eWaste Management Plastic Management Water Purification Water Conservation and Reuse Ecotourism Cleantech Government Policies and Regulations Clean Development Mechanism Biopolymers and Bioplastics
A Colorado State University (CSU) chemistry professor has developed several patent-pending chemical processes that would create sustainable bioplastics from renewable resources for use on everything from optical fibers and contact lenses to furniture and automobile parts.
Cheese factories in European Union generate nearly 50 million tonnes of whey as a by product in the cheese factories, of which a majority is used as a supplement by body builders.
While rest of the whey is discarded as a waste.
The whey is spray dried to obtain the whey protein in a pure form and which following this it is processed to convert it into a thin film of plastic.
Bioplastics can take different length of times to totally compost, based on the material and are meant to be composted in a commercial composting facility, where higher composting temperatures can be reached and is between 90-180 days. Most existing international standards require biodegradation of 60% within 180 days along with certain other criteria for the resin or product to be called compostable. It is important to make the distinction between degradable, biodegradable and compostable. These terms are often (incorrectly) used interchangeably.
Compostable Plastic is plastic which is "capable of undergoing biological decomposition in a compost site as part of an available program, such that…
Ford Motor is continuing its research into the use of natural fibres and bio-based plastics, this time investigating the use of coconut husks as a composite reinforcement.
Ford and garden materials company Scotts Miracle-Gro are looking at uses for coconut husks – or coir – left over from Scotts’ existing production operations.
“We’re taking a material that is a waste stream from another industry and using it to increase the sustainability in our vehicles,” said Ellen Lee, technical expert for plastics research at Ford in a news release.
Ford already has used wheat straw as a filler in door trim…
Newsletter preview - http://www.wt-promo.com/newsletter.asp?idNewsletter=854
From the data that I have been through new plastics have been discovered till 1980 after that applications were looked into.
Please correct me if I am wrong.Thank you.
Latest Updates from Sustainable Materials
Latest CleanTech Video View All
UK Center for Applied Energy Research algae press conference
Recent Questions @ CleanTick
- How I Can get the Retrodynamic Formula Effect?
- Algae Biodiesel Production
- Young Guns from IIT Bombay Work on Maximising Returns from Chillers
- PowerWall - what are your thoughts?
- I need this any one pl
- biomass productivity
- protein content in algae
- Anacardic Acid
- Mahindra & Mahindra announces hydrogen fuel cell research centre in India
- Microsoft to combine data centres and renewable power generation
- Malaria vaccine from the teats of genetically altered goats
- EVs: How green are they?
- Biodiesel extracted from sea algae set to propel vehicles in India
- Researchers see new uses for humble algae
- Avinor and Aena study role of biofuels in aviation
- Airlines raring to adopt biofuels in pursuit of carbon-neutral growth
- A promising source for biofuel: Methyl ketones
- 16-year old works with US Air Force on algae biofuel
Recent Videos View All
- UK Center For Applied Energy Research Algae Press Conference The Video Features A Press Conference To Announce A Partnership...
- Algae Carbon Capture At The University Of Kentucky University Of Kentucky Researchers Are Looking At The Potential Of...
- Low Cost Photo Biorector System For Cultivation Of Micro Algae Srinivas Gogineni's Technology Is A Photo Bioreactor For The Cultivation...
- India's First Micro Algae Biodiesel Vehicle India Witnessed The Test-drive Of The Country’s First Vehicle Running...
- Volkswagen Partners With Amyris And Solazyme Volkswagen Will Work With Solazyme And Amyris To Evaluate Emissions...
- Airborne Wind Turbine Makani Power Is Developing An Airborne Wind Turbine (AWT) To...
- Research At Montana State University For Algal Biofuel Biofuels Are A Broad Assortment Of Fuels That In One...
- NMSU Working To Develop Aviation Fuel Made From Algae New Mexico State University's First "Research Rally" Was Celebrated Dec....
- Algae Fuel Could Become Inexpensive Alternative Spain Based BFS- Biofuel Systems, Pumps CO2 Into Tubes Filled...
- The Life Of Algae This Short Video Takes A Look At The Cultivation Of...