I am looking for which methods would be best for me to test for a science fair experiment. I want to go with something that is relatively energy efficient. I'm specifically interested in OriginOils and Solazyme's methods of extraction, or anything that hasn't been researched much but looks promising.
I do have access to some equipment at a biochemistry lab, but I want to do as much as a highschool student could pull off at home.
After estrification v r collecting the hexane layer for analysis the FAME for GCMS.. if they any need to evaporate the hexane... if no need to evaporate..what about the hexane content ... pl can u clarify me ?
Dear Algae group members,
We probably all know that fuel that contains algae will cost more than gasoline at this stage, so how do customers look at algae is worth thinking about. Let’s assume that we have algae-mixed diesel.I am trying to do a market survey for fuels with algae. Would you mind taking a second to fill the survey? http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LJD7LT8
It’s just 6 questions and really quick.
Thank you very much for your help! and what do you guys think about the marketing strategy of algae fuel???
Narsi wants to discuss Bio-fuelled commercial plane takes first flight in China 1 year ago
China's first airplane to use biofuel made its inaugural flight on Friday morning, jetting off from Beijing International Airport. According to Air China, the Boeing 747 used a biofuel developed from algae and jatropha, a tree grown in south China that produces an oily nut. - http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/bio-fuelled-commercial-plane-takes-first-flight-in-china-144787
Accelerating availability is key pillar of industry's sustainable growth strategy - http://www.traveldailynews.com/pages/show_page/48415-Boeing,-Airbus-and-Embraer-to-collaborate-on-aviation-biofuel-commercialization
ATC Solar Curve Bus Stop concept is being developed by Studio Mango for the city Noord-Brabant, Netherlands, which would allow inductive charging technology at existing bus stops, which will enable electric buses to recharge each time they stop to pick up passengers.
The concept calls for installation of 15.5 meters of solar panels on top of a bus stop’s roof, which would convert sunlight to solar power throughout the day. The curved roof would be sufficiently tilted down to enable wireless energy transfer to buses using inductive charging, which employs the use of an electromagnetic field to transfer energy.
I'm creating an environmental education program at an intercity school called DIVINE Institute in St Paul, Minnesota to reach at risk students. The program will feature a $12,000 green roof equipped with solar panels, algae photo-bioreactors, and solar heating for the building. So far, I have raised $8,000 in grant funding!
I'm looking for people interested in donating to this non-profit effort or people interested in contributing information you would like included into the curriculum, so I would love to here from you all!
Latest Updates from Transportation
Latest CleanTech Video View All
UK Center for Applied Energy Research algae press conference
Recent Questions @ CleanTick
- protein content in algae
- Anacardic Acid
- Algae Lipid
- V F D
- Gorlov Helical Turbine?
- Gorlov Helical Turbine?
- algal lipid
- Measuring oil or lipid content
- NEED HELP IN IDENTIFYING FOUL SMELL FROM ALGAE
- Lab scale experiment
- Mahindra & Mahindra announces hydrogen fuel cell research centre in India
- Microsoft to combine data centres and renewable power generation
- Malaria vaccine from the teats of genetically altered goats
- EVs: How green are they?
- Biodiesel extracted from sea algae set to propel vehicles in India
- Researchers see new uses for humble algae
- Avinor and Aena study role of biofuels in aviation
- Airlines raring to adopt biofuels in pursuit of carbon-neutral growth
- A promising source for biofuel: Methyl ketones
- 16-year old works with US Air Force on algae biofuel
Recent Videos View All
- UK Center For Applied Energy Research Algae Press Conference The Video Features A Press Conference To Announce A Partnership...
- Algae Carbon Capture At The University Of Kentucky University Of Kentucky Researchers Are Looking At The Potential Of...
- Low Cost Photo Biorector System For Cultivation Of Micro Algae Srinivas Gogineni's Technology Is A Photo Bioreactor For The Cultivation...
- India's First Micro Algae Biodiesel Vehicle India Witnessed The Test-drive Of The Country’s First Vehicle Running...
- Volkswagen Partners With Amyris And Solazyme Volkswagen Will Work With Solazyme And Amyris To Evaluate Emissions...
- Airborne Wind Turbine Makani Power Is Developing An Airborne Wind Turbine (AWT) To...
- Research At Montana State University For Algal Biofuel Biofuels Are A Broad Assortment Of Fuels That In One...
- NMSU Working To Develop Aviation Fuel Made From Algae New Mexico State University's First "Research Rally" Was Celebrated Dec....
- Algae Fuel Could Become Inexpensive Alternative Spain Based BFS- Biofuel Systems, Pumps CO2 Into Tubes Filled...
- The Life Of Algae This Short Video Takes A Look At The Cultivation Of...