Welcome to CleanTick - Network with thousands of cleantech researchers and experts - Join CleanTick >>

Algae Fuel Could Become Inexpensive Alternative - 28 Mar 2012

Spain based BFS- Biofuel Systems, pumps CO2 into tubes filled with liquid algae from seawater and with the help of sunlight and a patented industrial process, converts algae into oil- a process that is almost like enhanced photosynthesis.

BFS calls this an inexpensive and sustainable way to produce fuel. The CO2 is captured from a nearby cement factory. 98% of the extracted biomass can be refined into gasoline or other fuels. The remaining 2% can be used for pharmaceutical or cosmetic industries.

Topics: Algae Fuels

0 Responses to Algae Fuel Could Become Inexpensive Alternative

Leave a Reply

CleanTick Portal Categories

Agriculture, Forestry & Food Alternative Fossil Fuels Biofuels & Biomass Power
Biotechnology Construction and Buildings Conventional Fossil Fuels
Ecofriendly Products Ecology and Lifestyle Ecology and Society
Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate Change Ecotourism and Travel Education and Career
Electric Vehicles Energy Efficiency & Conservation Energy Finance & Investments
Energy Storage Events and Media Geothermal Energy
Government, Policies and Regulations Green IT Hydro Energy
Hydrogen Energy Ocean Energy Other Renewable Energy
Science, Technology and R&D Smart Grid Solar Energy
Sustainable Materials Sustainable Production and Manufacturing Transportation
Waste Management Water Wind Energy

20 Things You Can Do @ CleanTick

20 Things @ CleanTick